Georgian Rosecut Diamond Blue Glass Gold Navette Ring With Bow
A bold silver and gold blue glass navette shaped rosecut diamond Georgian ring circa 1820. The ring is bright blue glass surrounded by a ribbon of rosecut diamonds and a bow at the top. The ring is set with 43 various shaped rosecut diamonds weighing about 2.25 cts total. The ring has a lovely curve to it, and is set on a 14k yellow gold band. These Georgian rings that are blue set with diamonds are referred to in French as a "bague de firmament." meaning "ring of the heavens." These elongated rings were made from about 1800 to 1850. This particular ring with its bow detail is a little unusual, and speaks to the sentimentality of the time. This ring is a size 6.5 and measures 1.5 inches long and 0.75 inches wide.